Friday, April 1, 2011

Let Love Rule


Sara Paddison, The Hidden Power of the Heart:
"Care flowing through your system gradually reconnects you with your spirit and vitality. Care enough about yourself to go to your heart to get peace, clarity, and direction before you act. True self-care has to come first."

Many women I see as clients are true masters of putting everyone else first before themselves. The concept of self-care/love is foreign or even scary to some. I am often amazed at the level of denial my clients hold towards responding to their own needs. However, within that "tight bud" of self-neglect, there is a glimmer of hope. If they have taken the time to set up an appointment with me, there is some aspect of wisdom guiding them towards healing.

Patterns of believing we are not worthy of our own love often begin during childhood. If women then become mothers, it is very easy to give love to others. Even women without any children can very easily take care of every one else before themselves. Why is this? I encourage my clients to explore this question and understand the reasons why they deny giving love to themselves. In my own life, and as a polarity therapist - I recognize the positive effects of practicing self-love. An opening, a softening, a blossoming takes place. Energy and vitality return, breath is fuller, relationships deepened, and manifestations of MORE LOVE occur.

Certainly this can be an uncomfortable process and many don't even know how or where to begin. As cheesy as it sounds, affirmations of self-love can be very beneficial when there is resistance. Whenever we attempt to evolve or let go of old patterns, it can be challenging to change what we are used to. During these moments of difficulty, we can choose to use an affirmation to ground our feelings of helplessness. Here is an example: " I now choose to let go of anything blocking me from self-love. Loving myself heals my life. As I love myself, I nourish my mind, body and soul."

Love truly heals, and everyone deserves it - most of all: YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment