Friday, March 4, 2011

Laughter


Anonymous:
"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."


You know how they say that 'laughter is the best medicine' ?  I believe it! In my bodywork practice, the clients who can view their current circumstances with a light-hearted approach, are those who remain calm and happy. It is really a viewpoint of non judgemental compassion. How can we cultivate an awareness of ourselves, our emotions, our thoughts and not take ourselves so seriously?

I often have to consciously choose this approach in my own life. When I am able to laugh at myself and find humor in something that seems SO FRUSTRATING, I find a lightening in my own emotional vibration. It is our thoughts/emotions and the quality of them, which create our well being or our dis-ease.

So the next time you find yourself complaining, stuck, or stressed - laugh! And if you can't laugh at yourself, have compassion for your troubles and be grateful for what DOES support you in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment